UItrafuse 316 L an cost-effective stainless steel desktop FFF printing solution
It enables the safe, simple and cost-efficient production of fully metal parts for prototypes, metal tooling, and functional metal parts. In a 3 step process of FFF printing, debinding and sintering you will create a full metal part. In filament form Ultrafuse 316 L is 80% stainless steel and has a 20% polymer content which allows for easy printing on many open FFF desktop printer.
The main reasons why Ultrafuse 316L is cost effective are:
- Our filament works with any open FFF printer which means low investment cost in hardware
- We make use of a highly efficient and established post processing technology used in the Metal Injection Moulding (MIM) industry
- As this is a filament the material handling is much safer and very easy to handle. This allows an easy material exchange in comparison to handling with fine metal powders
The advantage of Ultrafuse 316 are:
- It is in general 1.4 tot 2.2 times more cheaper than most metal powders with less investment in hardware
- There are significant cost advantage for small and medium sized components
- The overall manufacturing costs decrease significantly with increasing the lot size
- With additive manufacturing you can create full stainless steel parts with a high degree of complexity.
Safety Data Sheet: ULTRAFUSE316L_961249_SDS_GEN_00_EN_2-0